I've done a lot of shopping and cutting this week. Hopefully I can get some stitching done next week, since everything is ready now!
I wanted to try Tilly's One Week One Pattern Challenge:
But, when I started planning I realized that all my skirts from my favorite pattern are too large. Yay and boo! So I spent the week cutting seven new skirts from the pattern. I need more skirts anyway, lots of stuff is getting too large. So this is all the cut skirts laid out. I'm using Simplicity 2152 and making variations of the two shortest skirts (the longest is too long on my 5' tall person).
In continuing from last week, I attached my garters and grommeted my 1912 corset with white grommets. I realized after posting that I really didn't like the dark, so I went with white and lavender. I haven't finished the flossing yet, hopefully tomorrow!
I also finished the binding on the bottom of my stripey underbust and boned it. I need to finish the bottom binding and grommet it in black and it will be done!
More cutting: I am making Easter outfits for my niece and nephews, so I cut Thing 1's dress so I could pattern the collar and skirt. I'll try to put this together this week.
And the final cutting, one of Thing 1's costumes for Costume Con, cut and ready to sew. I had to stop because I didn't have any thread the right color, but a weekend shopping trip fixed it and I'll get started this week!
So I put that away and I started on this gathered green bodice for another of Thing 1's dresses. This one didn't have any green fabric gathered I liked, so I spent a day sewing 2" lines on this one so I could gather it to fit. Yikes! It's a bit small right now, but I'm going to baste it to the pattern pieces and then ease up a bit on the threads to make it fit right. The rest of the bodice is cut, so I should get this sewn together soon, too! And I ordered more purple dye for the horrid purple dye experiment, that should be in by the end of the week so I can try again for the skirt of this dress.