Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Progress Update: Apr 16

I got a lot of stuff into finished stages this week.  I'm so excited!  If Costume Con were to happen tomorrow all of my competition pieces would be able to go onstage (not that I'd be happy with them, but they could do it).


 I finished grommeting my SF/F bodice and made a modesty panel with a peplum to match the bodice.


I also replaced all the LEDs in the skirt that I blew out last fall.  I'm in the process of figuring out resistors in order to not blow them out again.  I also spent 2 days looking for my pink EL wire, but it has gone AWOL after DragonCon.  I don't know where it is, so I guess I'm gonna work without it.



Thing 1's SF/F sleeves got cut out on tissue paper stabilizer,


And sewn to her dress  . . .


And then the dress hem was dyed light green,


And then stiffened with horsehair, lined and finished!  I may add a hook and eye to the top of the zipper, but otherwise this dress is done!


I also wired her heart . . .


And got it painted!


I finished painting all the petals for the flower dress, and I sewed them on the skirt then sewed the skirt to the top, added a zipper, put lace on the neckline, and put the lining in at the neck.  I still need to finish the lining to the zipper and waist, and finish the sleeves and trim them, add a sash, and finish her headpiece and tights (whew!).


And finally I got a good fitting mock-up of my Cinderella bodice.  It's ready to get cut out!