Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday Progress Update: February 4th

I don't have a lot to report this week.  I spent a lot of time "researching" for Costume Con (read: playing Okami).  I did get some work done on my Sew Fortnightly project, a regency petticoat:


It's pretty simple, a tube pleated to a band as big as my underbust.  I've sewn the skirt seam and the waistband on by hand, but I sewed the foldover by hand and I'm working on hand-finishing the inside of the skirt seam.  When I'm done I'll add on some shoulder straps to keep it in place and a button and hand-worked buttonhole.  I'm using the selvedge as the hem.  I also hope to add in a small bustle pad before I'm done next monday.