Monday, December 31, 2012
Historical Sew Fortnightly: Challenge 0
Just in under the wire I finished Challenge 0 of the Historical Sew Fortnightly! I made a petticoat for my Curtain Along dress:
Fabric: I used the curtain-along Felicity fabric. This is the yardage from JoAnn's in the indigo colorway.
Pattern: Koshka's 18th Century Petticoat Tutorial
Year: I'm aiming for 1785.
Notions: Thread, cotton stay tape.
How historically accurate is it? It's all cotton, but that's not bad for 1785. The fabric pattern is accurate-ish. I'm relying totally on Koshka for how accurate the pattern is. It's machine sewn on the seams, which isn't period but is necessary for the "quick" part of this challenge. The hem is hand-sewn accurately.
Hours to complete: 2. Really wasn't bad, even hemming.
First worn: Not yet! Hopefully I'll finish my Curtain-along dress by Costume Con.
Total cost: I got the fabric on sale for 17.49. I used about 2 1/2 yards so . . . $45. The thread and tape was from my shash, it was probably pennies.
Looking forward to starting Challenge 1 later this week!
Posted by Aurora at 12:37 AM
Labels: Curtain Along, Sew Fortnightly
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment