|Me, breaking all the rules I'm about to tell you.
As I've costumed over the last 15 years I've gradually grown into a size 22. Along the way I've learned some tips for plus-sized costuming. Since I'm working on my plus-sized costuming panel, I thought I'd give you all a preview by giving you my talking points.
- Shapewear is for everyone
- Angles are more flattering than curves
- The higher the neckline the larger breasts look
- The wider the neckline the broader shoulders look
- Never cut off anything at a joint, always go somewhere in between the largest and smallest points
- Under layers should be darker than over layers
- Shoulder fit is key! Use padding if necessary!
- The longer something is the more fitted it should be
- The tilt of a hat should match the jaw line
- Monochrome is slimming
- Things should be longer than they are wide
- Wider stripes make body parts look wider, but too small (pinstripes) emphasizes bulges
- Pay attention to grouping and isolate your best feature